Some viruses need to be boiled for more than 10 minutes to kill even if they are boiled at 100 degrees. Though the pacifier bottle and underwear look very clean, there are actually many hidden bacteria. So when I saw the disinfection bag from my friend, I immediately became interested in it. With doubts about the UV sanitizer bag, I spent a lot of time looking up information and decided to buy one. During the period, I compared the detailed specs of many uv sanitizing bags, and read the comments of each user one by one, and finally selected the following packages. If you want to buy it, you can use it for reference, which can save a lot of time. If you have the same question as I once, you can refer to the second half of the article.
Top Rated UV Bags
Best Battery Powered: HoMedics UV Clean Sanitizer BagMake disinfection as easy as washing your hands. With this ultraviolet light bag, you can stay away from germs and disinfect and use it in 60 seconds. It can generate 265nm-285nm wavelength UV light, directly cut off bacterial DNA/RNA and completely kill bacteria. Powered by 1 Lithium ion battery, it could sanitize an amazing 18 uses per charge.
- Easy-to-use bag to sterilize things in 60 seconds.
- Safe: No mercury, chemicals, Ozone with an advanced safety lock to prevent UV exposure.
- Sized 4.1 x 3 x 8 inches, which keep your items sanitized at home or on the go.
- Interchangeable phone and platform clips keep your items perfectly positioned for 360°UV exposure.
- 4 UV-C LED beads to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
- Black, gray, and red color to choose.
Best FDA Certificated: HOPE C+ UV Light Sanitizer BagThis is a UV disinfectant bag that can stand the test. It is endorsed by an international certification authority and has passed the US FDA certification. There is no chemicals or mercury, Ozone produced while sterilizing.
- 8.27 * 6.69 * 10.04 inches with light to 1.15lb, which is portable to anywhere.
- Built-in rechargeable battery, which can be used for 70 minutes with one charge.
- 12 UV-C light beads with 10,000 hours life to kill up to 99.99% viruses and germs.
- Sterilize safely: no chemical, no Ozone with UV protect viewport.
- Certificate of FDA registration.
- Detachable and washable middle spacer and a durable bi-metal zipper.
Best Large Capacity: Coospider UVC Light BagWith a large capacity of 10.5 × 7.7 × 9.5 inches, it can accommodate more disinfected stuffs. Different from other bags, it uses 1 UVC Lamp to emit ultraviolet light. The special ultraviolet light reflective material inside, so there is no dead spot for irradiation, which completely surround your things for optimal sanitizing.
Top-rated: Ancrown Foldable Ultraviolet BagAs long as it can be put in, it can be disinfected. Equipped with 12 UV beads, this sterilization bag can guarantee a sterilization rate of up to 99.9%. On the premise of ensuring the ultraviolet disinfection function, it also cleverly avoids all the risks of its use. It adopts a magnetic switch. When the sterilization light is turned on, the ultraviolet light will be automatically turned off if the lid is opened to ensure safe use.
- 12 real UV-C LED beads with 253.7nm wavelength light.
- Foldable design which is easy to carry anywhere.
- No mercury and chemicals, automatically turn off technology to prevent light leakage.
- 5 minutes sanitizing time to clean up to 99.99 percent of harmful materials.
- Passed with EPA certificate.
Best Dirt-proof: Doctor’s Choice UV Sanitizer BagMade with PU leather, this sanitizer bag is easy to to take care of. The 12 lamp beads have a life span of 10,000 hours. If used 10 times a day, it can be used for at least 10 years. It is mercury and ozone-free to guarantee maximum safety.
Best Economy: Vemingo UV Light Bag3 minutes of disinfection is equivalent to 6 hours of exposure. With this UV disinfecting bag, you can wear no-germs underwear every day! Although the sun can also be used for sterilization and disinfection, we cannot guarantee that the sun will shine every day! In the rainy season, the humid environment is more likely to breed bacteria, so it is necessary to buy such a UV LED bag. It can also be used as a storage bag at ordinary times, so it is very convenient to go out or at home!
- Easy to use one button design to clean stuffs within 3 mins.
- 4 high power LED UV bulbs to clear 99.9 percent of pathogens.
- 45°protection design to auto shut down when the cover is opened greater than 45°.
- With dimension of 10 x 5.4 x 5.2 inches, which is easily taken it everywhere.
- Wavelength 270nm – 280nm.
Sanitizer Bag FAQ
- Q1: What are the main components of the UV sanitization bag?
Sterilization bag mainly includes a container, an ultraviolet generator, and a control circuit. The container mainly contains objects and prevents ultraviolet light from leaking. The inside of the container has a reflective light material to ensure that the objects inside can be irradiated by UV lights which are harmful to the skin, so the ultraviolet light source will add blue light to remind consumers. The control circuit can control the disinfection time and open lid detection.
- Q2: What is the disinfection principle of the sanitizing bag? Which bacteria and viruses do it work effectively?
UV rays are light rays with a wavelength of 100 to 400 nanometers in the sun, which are divided into UVA, UVB, UVC, and UVD. The real germicidal effect is UVC light. The principle of sterilization is to destroy and change the molecular structure of microbial DNA or RNA through ultraviolet radiation, causing the death of growth cells and (or) the death of regenerative cells to achieve the effect of sterilization. UV radiation can only disinfect surfaces that can be irradiated by light, and cannot produce disinfection effects in places that are not exposed to light. However, ozone is in motion. A germicidal lamp containing ozone can sterilize the entire space after reaching a certain ozone concentration.
The disinfection kit mainly kills common bacteria, such as Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Candida albicans, etc. Studies have found that ultraviolet radiation with a wavelength of 253 nanometers of sufficient intensity can kill the coronavirus for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Q3: Are there any safety hazards in the UVC LED bag? Due to the damaging effect of ultraviolet rays on biological cells, when using ultraviolet germicidal lamps, be careful not to directly irradiate human skin, let alone look directly at the lamp tube with your eyes. What needs to be reminded is that ultraviolet light is invisible light. In other words, it is invisible to the naked eye, what we can see is the visible light component of the disinfection light. When we feel a burn, the human body has been severely injured. SGS has carried out safety inspections on certain sterilizer bags, and the experimental results show that their UV intensity is "non-hazardous", that is, the leakage value of UV irradiance is within a safe range.
- Q4: Will the sterilizer bag leak electricity?
Like the plug-in sanitizer bag, the 220V power supply has the risk of leakage. The inner side of this kind of product has a metal shell. Ultraviolet rays will not shine on the plastic part and will not cause the shell plastic to age. With USB low-voltage power supply of the disinfection bag, the impact of leakage is small, so it does not need to be protected by a metal inner shell.
- Q5: Will anti-UV items affect the effect of UV disinfection, such as parasols?
The penetration power of ultraviolet light is relatively weak, especially for items that have anti-ultraviolet rays, the light is even more difficult to penetrate. Disinfection of such products requires ensuring that the contaminated surface can be exposed to ultraviolet rays. For example, if the clothes are stacked together, only clothes in the top have a good disinfection effect.
- Q6: According to the disinfection principle of the sanitizer bag, what are the points to pay attention to when choosing the material of the disinfection item?
Plastic and silica gel are sensitive to ultraviolet rays, and are prone to aging and hardening after long-term exposure. Therefore, it is not recommended to use sterilizing bag for long-term use of these materials.
- Q7: What are the sterilization principles of common home appliance sterilization products on the market? Their advantages and disadvantages?
There are three main principles of home appliance sterilization methods: high temperature disinfection, ultraviolet disinfection and negative ion/ozone disinfection.
High-temperature steam disinfection uses a high temperature of more than 100℃ to inactivate bacteria, and the gas will diffuse to all dead corners. It is a reliable disinfection method, but it must be completed in a sealed environment and may damage the product. Waterproof layer, if the temperature is too high, it is easy to damage the product or cause scalding accidents, which consumes more electricity for a long time. Such typical products include bottle sterilizers, radiation sterilization cupboards, etc.
Ultraviolet antivirus uses UVC wave band to have the best sterilization effect, which is relatively power-saving, suitable for products that work for a long time, and does not require a confined space, just ensure that it is exposed to it. The disadvantages are low penetration, poor disinfection of stacked objects, and direct exposure to skin and eyes. The protection is not in place, and there is no feeling when hurting the human body. Long-term exposure can also cause plastic aging. Typical products include UV water sterilizers.
Ozone is produced when O2 is energized and split into two monatomic (O1) molecules. The advantages of Ozone sterilization are obvious, the gas is easy to diffuse, the power consumption is low, and the generator is small. The disadvantage is that the gas is easy to leak, hurt or even irritate the respiratory tract and cause dizziness. Typical products include air purifiers.
Factors in Choosing Your Favorite Sanitizing Bag
- All-round disinfection bag. It can sterilize as many objects as possible. Clothes, masks, baby supplies, cosmetic bags, and mobile phones can all be sterilized.
- Capacity. A large-capacity sterilization bag can hold more disinfected items at a time. In this way, it is unnecessary to fold items and thus affect the disinfection effect.
- Convenience. I believe that many people buy disinfecting bag to use them when traveling or going out. In this way, convenience is a very important consideration. Hand-held handles or straps allow us to easily carry the bag and sanitize it anytime, anywhere.
- Safety. Be sure to choose a disinfection bag that can ensure maximum safety. A good disinfection bag can prevent UV leakage to the maximum extent. The sanitizing bags selected above use UV-C light, which is safer because of its lower wavelength.
- Disinfection efficiency. To ensure that the UV disinfection bag produces efficient and outstanding UV light. The quantity, quality and location of the lamp beads can well determine the effectiveness of the UV sanitizer bag.
- User reviews. Of course, this is very important. Every real user experience can let you know the advantages and disadvantages of each disinfection kit. For bags with shortcomings that we cannot accept, we don’t need to consider them when we choose.
Precautions for Sanitizer Bag
- When buying a sterilizer bag, try to choogse reputable brands and purchase them through formal channels;
- It should be noted that all disinfection packages have a disinfection time. To ensure safety and disinfection effect, do not interrupt the disinfection process before the disinfection is completed. For example: during disinfection, first cut off the power and then open the disinfection bag, add disinfection items, the entire disinfection process needs to be repeated;
- Within the range of the irradiation time set for the product, the disinfection effect is related to the time. The longer the irradiation time, the better the effect, but please pay attention to the products such as plastic and silica gel not to be exposed to ultraviolet rays for a long time.