As a result of this need for hygiene that the COVID-19 pandemic has generated, disinfection is becoming a daily process in our life. Most people has choosed disinfection fogger machines to santize their home, offices, gyms, churches, vehicles and any objects that are touched by hand to manage a clean environment. For those who still want buy such sanitizing devices, this post will show you how to choose the best disinfectant fogger for you after a lot of comparison and research.
What Is A Disinfectant Fogger Machine
A disinfectant fogger is mainly composed of tank, nozzle, motor and hose. It is a machine that uses a fine spray to turn a chemical solution into a mist vapor which can be used for disinfecting or restricting the growth of mould, viruses, and bacteria. Such device allows chemical solutions to be easily and rapidly applied to large spaces, which can effectively resist pathogens, especially pathogens that are airborne or carried in respiratory droplets, such as influenza virus or COVID-19 coronavirus.
How Fogger Machine Work?
All fog machines work by filling the spaces with a solution of disinfectant properties. There are a variety of sterilizing fogging machines on the market that provide different types of fogging treatment. Of course, the operation is very simple. Add solution to tank, turn on the switch, then the fine-mist droplets will spray into the outer space and kill the viruses you want to disinfect.
Types Of Disinfectant Fogger Machine
There are two primary types of fogging equipment devices available: thermal foggers and ULV (Ultra Low Volume) foggers, also known as "cold foggers".
A cold or ULV fogger uses high-pressure of air to transform and spray the solution into tiny particles. There is an electric motor inside its body. This determines the power of airflow which converts the pesticide into small particles. Most cold foggers are designed for water-based solutions, but some may also use water and oil-based pesticides simultaneously.
A thermal fogger, by contrast, uses heat to vaporize the fogging solution creating a fog or cloud that penetrates hard to reach areas. It generally uses a 40-ounce solution tank and takes the pre-heating process for 2 to 5 minutes. Once it is ready, you can simply unlock the trigger if any, or just pull the trigger to transfers the solution to a heat assembly on the front of the device.Each type of equipment has its benefits and disadvantages. Just view the tables below.
Factors To Consider When Deciding On A Disinfectant Fogger
- Easy to use. Do you have to take much time to assemble the fogger device or to learn how to operate it? These is a question to consider.
- Cost. Fog machines start at less than $150 and can reach $400 and much more. The upper range includes more powerful machines with a number of better build quality, and more watts to fog a larger area. Ongoing costs for fog machines include fog juice, cleaning fluid, and the power necessary to run them. You should choose the product reasonably according to the spaces you use within the price range you can afford.
- Warranty. As the machine is a frequent used item (especially during high incidence of infectious diseases), it is prone to wear and tear, so it is important to choose a manufacturer offer a warranty and good after-sales service.
- Cordless or corded. There is no way to use a cord fogger in some complex environments or spaces without electrical plugs, then you have to choose a cordless fogger. When choose a cord fogger, please take a look at the length of the power cord to make sure whether it is long enough for the space you disinfect.
- Spray range. This is a factor that must be paid attention to as it decides whether it can santilize the area you want.
- Flow Rate. It is the measure of the volume of solution that moves in a certain amount of time, which decides whether your disinfection work is more efficient. The rate is usually range from 400ML / min to 750ML / min or higher. The higher the flow rate the fogger is, the more time you will save during the disinfection work.
- Wattage. Please buy the highest wattage fog machine you can afford which makes the disinfecting more effective. As this will give you more options in terms of where you can use it and cut down on the risk of producing an underwhelming “thin” fog effect.
Top-Rated Sanitizing Fogger Machine List
As the thermal foggers are mainly used for insect control, we only choose the cold foggers for the purpose of sanitizing. And we have spends many hours researching, analyzing, and testing products to recommend the best picks for you.
|Weight||13.42 pounds||8.68 pounds||8.03 pounds||9.88 pounds||11.8 pounds||10.43 pounds|
|Dimension||21.2 x 17.1 x 9.4 inches||19 x 13.5 x 8 inches||17.1 x 15 x 9.4 inches||18.5 x 12.28 x 8.82 inches||24.4 x 9.8 x 14.1 inches||15.4 x 10.3 x 17 inches|
|Spray Range||8-10 Ft||15 Ft||26-30 Ft||19.5-26.5 Ft||16-33 Ft||5-20 Ft|
|Adjustable Droplet Size||Yes||NO||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Droplet Size||20-50 microns||0-50 microns||/||0-50 microns||5-50 microns||0-50 microns|
|Flow Rate||unknown||220ML / min||150-260 ml/min||400ML / min||64L / H||750ML / min|
|Warranty||1 Year||3 Year||/||1 Year||3 Year||unknown|
Best For High Capacity – Petratools 4 Gallon Electric Disinfecting FoggerThe PetraTools disinfectant Fogger is the perfect solution works great for all kinds of sanitizing, at home, in the city, in the countryside and for all sanitation disinfection needs. It is from a USA manufacture, which you could get support with any issues you may have.
- Adjust volume of spray
- Easy to fill solution
- Simple assembly instruction
- A bit heavy when full of liquid
Best For Cordless – RYOBI 18V ONE+ FoggerRYOBI 18V ONE+ is a cordless multi-purpose fogger with lightweight and portable design, which you can maneuver and treat any part of your yard with ease. It covers up to 1,000 square feet per minute and 10,000 square feet per battery charge with instant, hassle-free starting. It can spary up to 15 feet in height to reach spaces for impactful results.
- Cordless design
- Spray up to 30 gallons per charge
- 3 year limited warranty
- Tank is only 0.5 Gallon
Best For Lightweight – Amerfist 4.5L ULV FoggerAmerfist 4.5L ULV disinfectant fogger can be used for all sorts of fogging works, starting from sanitizing, misting plants with pesticides to using insecticides to get rid of a mosquito problem. It operates on 110V and AC power to control the flow rate based on the situation.
- Maximum spray distance of up to 30 feet
- Labor-saving 60° fixed valve
- 1.2 Gal tank which need fill the liquid for large area disinfection
Best For Rating – LeDepic 7L ULV Fogger MachineLeDepic 7L electric fogger machine is a straightforward device to operate for disinfecting, all you have to do is plug in and spray. It is a handheld fogger that can reach a range of 26.5 feet.
- CE certification
- The hose is corrosion resistant
- Anti-shake performance
- Made of environment-friendly materials
- Known to be very tough
- Inefficient user manual
Best For Wide Spray Range – Vectorfog C150+ ULV Electric Cold FoggerThis Vectorfog C150+ electric fogger is a powerful fogger effectively works to disinfect rooms, and also control both pests and pathogens. It features an enhanced air intake technology that reduces its core temperature by 20 degrees. The flow rate is up to 16 gallons per hour, so you can cover large amounts of ground and save time. An adjustable droplet size between 5-50 microns suits a variety of your establishment’s needs, whether you’re applying sanitizing chemicals or insecticides.
- CE certification
- Powerful flow rate of up to 16 gallons per hour
- Spray distance of 5-10 meters (16-33 feet)
- A bit heavy when full of liquid
Best For Size – SuperHandy 3GAL Disinfectant Corded Fogger MachinePowered by a 1200W 110VAC electric motor, this SuperHandy fogger machine will help you achieve a wide coverage for public sanitization in airports, churches, restaurants, hotels, and public transport. It can reach an area of 5 to 6 meters horizontally for maximum efficiency.
- High-speed aerosol distribution
- Adjustable nozzles
- Low vertical area coverage
- Only provide EU plug
ConclusionEffective disinfection is more important than ever to protect your personnel, communities and facilities. Use a disinfectant fogger to prevent harmful viruses and pathogens from spreading in your space.
With this, we come to the end of our detailed guide of the best disinfectant fogger machines of 2021. For getting a lightweight option that is easy to carry, go with AMERFIST 4.5L ULV Fogger. If you look for a powerful motor and wide spray range, it has to be the Vectorfog C150+ ULV Electric Cold Fogger. If you want to a cordless fogger, choose the RYOBI 18V one+ chemical fogger. And for tank of high capacity, it must be PetraTools 4 Gallon Electric Disinfecting Fogger. LeDepic and SuperHandy are also good choice.